The Lantang and Helambu are the section which is closest to Kathmandu. Despite of its closeness to the capital, it is amazing to see how the traditional life in these villages is. Both men and women are often dressed traditionally. The main occupation farming can be seen by plugging the land with oxen. The villages offer an interesting mix of Buddhist and Hindu cultures with Chettri, Newari, Tamang and Sherpa. The trail goes mostly through the countryside, but sometimes also through beautiful forest. You can have amazing views of the Langtang range and Dorje Lakpa. Actual Adventure Pvt. Ltd offers many trekking packages in this trekking region such, Langtang and Gosainkund Lake Trek (19 days ), Tamang Heritage Trail Trek (12 days), Trek to Sacred Lakes (14 days), Langtang and Lauribina Trek (17 days). We could customize and extend trip as your time frame in this region.
The Gorkha Manaslu Trek, often referred to as the Manaslu Circuit Trek, is a popular trekking route in Nepal. It offers a unique opportunity to experience the natural beauty, cultural diversity, and remote landscapes of the Manaslu region. Here's some information about this trek:
1. Location: The Manaslu Circuit Trek is located in the western part of Nepal, near the border with Tibet. It encircles Mount Manaslu, which is the eighth highest peak in the world (8,163 meters or 26,781 feet).
2. Trekking Duration: The trek typically takes around 14 to 20 days, depending on the specific itinerary and your walking pace. It involves both ascending and descending, with the highest point being the Larkya La Pass at 5,106 meters (16,752 feet).
3. Permits: You'll need special permits to undertake this trek since it's in a restricted area. You'll require a Manaslu Restricted Area Permit, Manaslu Conservation Area Permit (MCAP), and Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP).
4. Highlights: Natural Beauty: The trek offers stunning views of the Himalayas, including Manaslu, Himlung Himal, Cheo Himal, and other peaks. You'll also pass through lush forests, terraced fields, and picturesque villages.
Cultural Experience: The Manaslu region is home to diverse ethnic groups, including the Gurungs, Tibetans, and Manangis. You'll have the chance to immerse yourself in their unique cultures and traditions.
Remote Villages: Unlike some of the more popular trekking routes like the Everest Base Camp or Annapurna Circuit, the Manaslu Circuit is less crowded, providing a more remote and peaceful experience.
Larkya La Pass: The challenging Larkya La Pass is a highlight of the trek, offering panoramic views of the surrounding peaks.
5. Difficulty: The trek is considered moderately challenging. Altitude sickness can be a concern, especially when crossing the high passes, so proper acclimatization is crucial.
6. Best Time to Trek: The best time to trek in the Manaslu region is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) when the weather is relatively stable, and the skies are clear.
7. Guided vs. Independent: While it's possible to do the trek independently, many trekkers opt for a guided trek to ensure safety and to navigate the permitting process. Guides and porters can be hired in the nearby town of Soti Khola.
8. Accommodation: Accommodation along the Manaslu Circuit varies from basic teahouses to more comfortable lodges in some of the larger villages.
Overall, the Manaslu Circuit Trek is a fantastic alternative to the more popular trekking routes in Nepal, offering a mix of natural beauty and cultural immersion. It's important to plan well, be prepared for challenging terrain and altitude, and ensure you have the necessary permits before embarking on this adventure.
© Copyright 2010 - 2023 Actual Adventure Pvt Ltd Developed By: Xenatech Nepal